A lot of false and outdated information about the Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) has been circulating the internet lately, especially with reference to her 2019 recruitment exercise. This article has been published specially for candidates who are interested in the Nigerian Prison Service recruitment exercise for 2019. Your doubts and unanswered questions will receive reliable answers in the course of this article. We advise that you read and digest the contents of this article, to be fully informed.
However, before we go into the Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment, we will give you short details about the prestigious Federal Agency.
NIGERIAN PRISONS SERVICE
The Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) is a Federal Government Agency in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which is fully responsible for prison activities. The head – quarters is located in Abuja, Nigeria with stations all over the Country. The Agency is under the complete supervision of the Civil Defence, Nigeria Immigration, and the National Prisons Board.
The Agency is known for her yearly recruitment exercise, which helps to curb poverty and reduce the unemployment rate in the Country. It is no news that the yearly recruitment exercise of the Nigerian Prisons is always crowded and extremely competitive. But there is no need to panic, as this article will help you stay ahead of the competition.
Like we mentioned earlier, the Nigerian Prisons Service engage in yearly recruitment exercises and 2019 is not an exemption. We have also received information on the available vacant positions at the Prisons Service, which we have outlined below. However, you are advised to visit the official portal of the Agency @ www.prisons.gov.ng for verification.
Vacant positions include;
CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre:
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (DSP) Pharmacy, CONHESS 09
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical, CONMESS 02
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II (ASP.II), CONPASS 08
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary CONMESS 02
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons I (ASP.I) CONPASS 09
CATEGORY B: Inspectorate Cadre:
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons (AIP) CONPASS 06
- Senior Inspector of Prisons (SIP), CONPASS 08
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing, CONHESS 06
CATEGORY C: Assistant Cadre:
- Prisons Assistant I (PAI) CONPASS 05
- Prisons Assistant II (PAII) CONPASS 04
- Prison Assistant III (PA.III) CONPASS 03.
Just like we stated earlier in this article, you are advised to visit the Prisons Service portal for verification of the available vacant positions her 2019 recruitment exercise.
For candidates that are interested in getting recruited by the Nigerian Prisons Service, it is important to have a broad knowledge on the Basic requirements needed to stand eligible in the application for the recruitment exercise of the Agency.
The next section of this article will take care of it.
The General requirements or qualifications applicants need to equip themselves with, for the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment for 2019 are;
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc. or HND, or ND, or NCE from a recognized University (Higher institution of learning).
- Candidates with WAEC certificate, NECO or even NABTEB certificates are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants should have a clear criminal record, and must not have tattoo or any inscription on the skin
- Interested candidates must have undergone a medical test to ensure medical, mental and physical soundness.
- Candidates must be properly dressed at all times.
HOT TRENDING JOBS
Federal Road Safety Corps Recruitment Updates And Application Procedures 2019
We wish to use this medium to alert candidates that are interested in applying for the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment for 2019, that the recruitment exercise of the Agency has not yet started. The official portal of the Nigerian Prisons Service @ www.prisons.gov.ng is not officially open for registration and application.
Kindly avoid any information that says otherwise. We will automatically update this page as soon as the recruitment exercise of the Agency kick starts. You are hereby advised to constantly visit this page or bookmark it for ease to stay abreast on latest updates on the Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment.
You can also subscribe for free with your e-mail address for consistent job recruitment updates around Nigeria from us. Hit the share button to let family and friends know about this information now.
To let us know how you feel, kindly reach us via the comment section, as we anticipate your response.